Wednesday, April 27, 2011

And the Diagnosis is.....

Friday afternoon, 45 minutes before the boys' dad was to pick them up, my 8yo began moaning and groaning and complaining of stomach pain. Spending time on the potty and burping didn't seem to be helping and I knew if I sent him to his dad's that way I would never hear the end of it.  So 15 minutes before scheduled pick up time I sent dad a text, left the other boys with oldest ds to await dad's arrival and headed out to the immediate med center with my youngest.  Amazingly, there are no other patients at 6pm on a Friday evening.  We went right back and by 6:15 had a diagnosis.  
Appendicitis? Nope. 
Food Poisoning? Nope. 
Stomach Virus? Nope......
Constipation!  Yep, my 8 year old who had informed me an hour before that he had gone "number 2" after school both Thursday and Friday afternoon admitted to the nurse-practitioner that he hadn't actually gone in a week!
She gave him a laxative, he went to his dad's, pooped, and is all better!

No comments:

Post a Comment