Friday, April 22, 2011

17

I was all set to write about our appendicitis scare last night until I woke up this morning to a slew of emails from my boys' father.  17 to be exact.  He and I don't have one of those friendly relationships you hear about some ex-spouses having.  I guess if we could still be friends after 18 years of marriage, we'd probably still be married.
He spent last night reading 2+ years of my Facebook profile. He doesn't like some of the things I've said on there and he's threatening to use it against me because I'm friends with my kids and they can read my profile.  He can read it because he has the kids' account information and used it to log into their accounts and read mine.  I'm not sure my kids would stay up until 5am and take the time to repeatedly click on "older posts" just to see what I've said over the past 3 years but guess you never know.  
I'm scanning back through to see if i said anything really bad.  I don't know why I'm doing this.  I don't have time for it and it isn't going to accomplish anything.  I'm not really worried about it, but I guess I am or I wouldn't be doing it. I should probably stop reading but I wanna remember what all I've said because he has misread or misunderstood or just plain made some stuff up.  
OK, I made it back almost a year.  I'm tired and have gotten nothing accomplished today....but I did enjoy "reliving" the past year.  Somehow I doubt my ex enjoyed it quite as much.
Oh yeah, My 8year old had a horrible stomach ache last night to the point that he was in tears clutching his stomach.  So I loaded him into the van and headed off to urgent care.  About halfway there after burping about 50 times he announced "I feel much better now, we can turn around." And so we did.  

3 comments:

  1. 17....
    wow. i do not get 17 emails from my husband in a year. unless we count the forwarded itineraries from southwest airlines, which i do not.
    he had quite a night.

    not that you asked. but. it's your life. you get to document it. feel. speak. vent. express. freedom of speech is all yours. judging from what i've read here, i highly doubt you've given him reason to lose sleep and write 17 emails.

    maybe something else is bothering him, but he's focused on this instead. sounds about right.

    also? 50 burps is an excellent solution. the next time one of my boys has a stomachache, i will say, "go where i cannot hear you, burp 50 times, and then come back and give a full report on your health, please."

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I think I get more emails from him now than I did when we were married.
    It's a control issue, he still wants to tell me what to do. Much of what the emails contained were flat out lies and empty threats.
    The burps were only a temporary solution. Turns out we were at the immediate med center the next night for the same stomach pains.....turns out, he was constipated....yes, this is my 5th kid and yes I took him to urgent care for constipation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you started blogging. Sounds like you need an outlet!

    Thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete