Thursday, August 4, 2011

Back to School

My boys went back to school today! 3 of them in new schools... 2 starting their first year of high school!  Everyone got up and got ready on time - early actually - and rode the bus.  I sure hope it lasts.  I just can't do car riders at 4 different schools, the farthest being 13 miles away.  That's 26 miles round trip which makes 52 miles a day.  In my van with gas prices what they are, that's almost $11 a day....yes I figured it up...and I also let my boys know if they got suspended from the bus this year, they would be using their allowance to contribute to that $11/day.  Their allowance isn't near enough to cover $55/week.  So, yeah, I hope it lasts.  I'm off to enjoy my first day of freedom....getting all the stuff we forgot when we went school shopping this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment